Lately, I’ve been cooking small batches of chickpeas overnight in my Instant Pot Mini. Using the “Delay Start” feature, I soak the beans overnight right in the pot, and they’ve cooked themselves by morning. It’s super convenient, and they’re way tastier (and cheaper) than canned beans.
This recipe makes one can’s worth of chickpeas. Feel free to double the recipe if you want more!
How To Cook a Small Batch of Chickpeas in the Instant Pot Mini
- 4 ounces (one heaping 1/2 cup) dried chickpeas a.k.a. Garbanzo beans
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt Diamond brand
- Place the chickpeas, water, and salt in the Instant Pot.
- Select the “Bean/Chili” setting and set the time for 15 minutes.
- Select the “Delay Start” setting and set the time delay for 12 hours.
- When the cooking program ends, let the pressure release naturally for at least 15 minutes.
- Open the pot. Use the chickpeas right away or let cool to room temperature, then store them in their liquid, refrigerated, for 3 to 4 days.