Lately, I’ve been cooking small batches of chickpeas overnight in my Instant Pot Mini. Using the “Delay Start” feature, I soak the beans overnight right in the pot, and they’ve cooked themselves by morning. It’s super convenient, and they’re way tastier (and cheaper) than canned beans.
This recipe makes one can’s worth of chickpeas. Feel free to double the recipe if you want more!
How To Cook a Small Batch of Chickpeas in the Instant Pot Mini
One can’s worth of beans, but they taste so much better cooked from dried! Use the “Delay Start” function to soak them overnight right in the pot.Print Pin Rate
- 4 ounces (one heaping 1/2 cup) dried chickpeas a.k.a. Garbanzo beans
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt Diamond brand
- Place the chickpeas, water, and salt in the Instant Pot.
- Select the “Bean/Chili” setting and set the time for 15 minutes.
- Select the “Delay Start” setting and set the time delay for 12 hours.
- When the cooking program ends, let the pressure release naturally for at least 15 minutes.
- Open the pot. Use the chickpeas right away or let cool to room temperature, then store them in their liquid, refrigerated, for 3 to 4 days.
If you have a regular-sized (6 or 8-quart) Instant Pot, double the recipe to get evenly cooked beans.
Hi, I have your essential instant pot book, and my cakes keep coming out very dense, how do I fix this
Instant Pot baked goods do tend to have a texture that is dense and chewy, similar to a steamed pudding. Some of my more recently developed baking recipes in The Ultimate Instant Pot Cookbook do get a bit of a better rise and a drier texture, due to less liquid in the batters. Overall, though, you are going to get a different result than with oven baking! Cheesecakes, brownies, and tortes are my favorite baked goods to make in the IP, as it doesn’t affect their textures as much.
I bought your cookbook essential instant recipes and they look very good but I need your advice o bought an instant pot duo nova and it does not have se real functions on the pressure cook etc that you say to use on your recipes also your list of instant pots does not include the instant pot duo nova
Please advise so I can use your recipes in your cookbook
Hi Lisa! The Duo Nova will work well for my recipes. It operates similarly to the other “Duo” pots in the Instant Pot line. You can select the “Pressure Cook” setting for most recipes, and adjust the time and pressure level as written. I hope that helps!
The chickpeas were perfect and just the right amount. Can this method be used for other dried beans?